Combs

Chiknoodle

Songster
Feb 17, 2021
North Carolina
My rooster, Viddy, has a comb I have never seen before. It’s weird, curls, and every once in a while get’s black spots. Are the spots something I should be worried about? What kinda comb is this?!

Yep! It doesn’t show the black spots because this is a couple of weeks early
1015A592-A6A0-4922-A720-4FBDB5023A07.jpeg

Looks like a pretty regular Easter Egger comb to me! They can be a little irregular sometimes, the black spots you're seeing are most likely scabs from little tussles he gets in. As long as you don't see perpetual bleeding, or chunks missing from his comb, the black spots should be fine (and watch out if you see blood at all, try to dab it up or keep an eye on it, chickens think red is very tasty!!!)

Looks like a pretty regular Easter Egger comb to me! They can be a little irregular sometimes, the black spots you're seeing are most likely scabs from little tussles he gets in. As long as you don't see perpetual bleeding, or chunks missing from his comb, the black spots should be fine (and watch out if you see blood at all, try to dab it up or keep an eye on it, chickens think red is very tasty!!!)
Ok! I will!!!

Back
Top Bottom