Come one! Come all! To the Annual Backyard Fair! Ends 7/30/22

Pics

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

I GOT DUCCLES
Jan 17, 2022
Come one! Come all! To the Annual Backyard Fair! Be sure to bring your best birds! Here are the rules!
1. Most importantly, as is to any contest, you must follow all BYC rules.

2. I apologize to all other poultry owners, but this contest is for CHICKENS ONLY! Please reply to this thread or PM me if you are intersted in helping with a contest for other poultry.

3. Youre chickens MUST be a pure breed accepted into the Standard Of Perfection (SOP). Other poultry, mixed breeds, or breeds not accepted into the SOP will be disqualified.

4. Birds must be at least 15 weeks. Birds younger may not have proper plumage.

5. The picture(s) you enter must be from the side to get a good view of the bird. We must be able to see feet, face, and overall body. You are allowed to enter more then one picture of a bird if the details are not clear enough.

6. You can enter 2 birds per category. So 8 chickens in all. 2 Bantam hens, 2 Bantam Roosters, 2 Standard Hens, 2 Standard roosters. So choose your very best birds!

7. NO RUDE COMMENTS If you want to comment on how pretty or close to standard another members bird is, please do so. It is good to boost our members morale! However, please no derogatory comments.

8. Have fun! Feel free to give stories with your birds! Just do so in a way that is not controversial. This is a fair! Make some small talk!

Now, I bet some of you are saying, why do my chickens HAVE to meet the SOP. And thats because this rodeo is getting run like a County Fair! So, here is how it works:
There are 4 categories.
Bantam hen - This applies to all Bantam hens and pullets over 15 weeks, both small version of standard breeds and true Bantams.

Bantam rooster - This applies to all Bantam roosters and cockerels over 15 weeks, both small version of standard breeds and true Bantams.

Standard Hen - This applies to all standard size Hens and pullets over 15 weeks, this also includes Giants (larger versions of standard breeds)

Standard Rooster - This applies to all Standard size roosters and cockerels over 15 weeks, this also includes Giants (larger versions of standard breeds)

From each category there will be a winner. So you can enter 2 birds into every category and there will be one winner out of all the entries into each category. So there will be 4 winners:
1. Best Bantam Hen
2. Best Bantam Rooster
3. Best Standard Hen
4. Best Standard Rooster

From those four winners, there will be one GRAND CHAMPION!!!

So now you say, ok, sounds fun! But are there prizes? Well, kinda! @FluffyLambs has agreed to help me, a lot! She is helping me judge (along with other wonderful people mentioned below) and she is making digital banners! So if you win a category, you get a digital banner! And bragging rights of course. For the grand champion, me or Lambs will draw your bird if you like. Though I dont have the best skills.

Please format your entries like so, if you do not include the needed information, we can not properly judge. You are allowed to edit your post and make adjustments.

Name: Soldier
Breed: Cochin Bantam
Color: Black
Category: Bantam rooster
About me (optional):
20211019_155159~2.jpg

Alright people! Lets get this thing started! Tag your friends!

Special thanks to everyone who is helping me judge and run this contest. This is my first real contest, and Im excited! So thank you to
@Fluffy Lambs
@The-White-Elephant
@PippinTheChicken
@Lacy Duckwing

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom