Silkie show - ends 24.03.23.

Cloverr39

Crowing
Jan 27, 2022
Latvia
I have been learning about silkie standards for the past year. I will judge all birds myself based on what I've learned about silkie show standards. I'm still fairly new to this, so just keep in mind that I'm not a professional. Contest ends in a week on the 24th. There won't be any prizes this is just for fun.

Rules

• 2 entries allowed per person. Must be 2 different birds and they must be posted as two seperate replies.
  • The chicken you're entering must be a silkie. Showgirls are allowed, but no satins or frizzles.
  • Your chicken(s) must be over the age of 8 months for me to be able to judge properly.
  • All colors allowed.
  • Your chicken doesn't have to be show quality.

When you enter you need to post 3 or more pictures including:
1 side view, 1 front view with comb visible and 1 picture of the legs.

Below you will be able to see an example of how pictures should look. I'll still accept some pictures that are from slightly different angles, but if I can't properly see your chicken then I can't judge properly.

In your entry you have to include:
  • Chicken's name;
  • Gender;
  • Color (if it is a mixed color or you don't know the name of it then mention that);
  • Age;
  • Any things not visible in your photos that I should know about. For example skin color, toe count, eye color, etc.
Examples of photos. (These are my own silkies)

20230206_153104.jpg

20221121_144027.jpg
20220815_104300.jpg

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have been learning about silkie standards for the past year. I will judge all birds myself based on what I've learned about silkie show standards. I'm still fairly new to this, so just keep in mind that I'm not a professional. Contest ends in a week on the 24th. There won't be any prizes this is just for fun.

Rules

• 2 entries allowed per person. Must be 2 different birds and they must be posted as two seperate replies.
  • The chicken you're entering must be a silkie. Showgirls are allowed, but no satins or frizzles.
  • Your chicken(s) must be over the age of 8 months for me to be able to judge properly.
  • All colors allowed.
  • Your chicken doesn't have to be show quality.

When you enter you need to post 3 or more pictures including:
1 side view, 1 front view with comb visible and 1 picture of the legs.

Below you will be able to see an example of how pictures should look. I'll still accept some pictures that are from slightly different angles, but if I can't properly see your chicken then I can't judge properly.

In your entry you have to include:
  • Chicken's name;
  • Gender;
  • Color (if it is a mixed color or you don't know the name of it then mention that);
  • Age;
  • Any things not visible in your photos that I should know about. For example skin color, toe count, eye color, etc.
Examples of photos. (These are my own silkies)

View attachment 3434095
View attachment 3434096View attachment 3434097

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
You said that showgirls are allowed , and then said that satins aren’t allowed. Showgirls are satins. Are they the exception? I don’t understand .

You said that showgirls are allowed , and then said that satins aren’t allowed. Showgirls are satins. Are they the exception? I don’t understand .
Showgirls are silkies with naked necks. Satins are similar to silkies except with normal feathers. I accept showgirls because the have silked feathers just like normal silkies.

Back
Top Bottom