Come Ramble With Me!

Will you ramble with me?

• Total voters
Look, Emma. I went out and got a picture of Lady Constance just for you...
View attachment 2547114
Please don't angry emote her.
It'll hurt my feelings. :)

She makes me smile every time. She has such a goofy little face. :D

Standard poodles can be pretty muscular; fluffy coats don’t show it. They were originally German water retrievers until more popular dogs ousted them out. To this day, they are still kick ass water dogs who love the sport.

I think the spouse meant colour? I have no idea. We’re both super tired. 😅

Yes! Poodles are actually very muscular! They've gotten stereotyped as spoiled, pampered dogs that have bows in their fur (or hair actually, if we're being precise). But, they weren't always like that. Did you know that this hair cut was originally to protect them while they were hunting?

1614481300330.png

Last edited:
She makes me smile every time. She has such a goofy little face. :D

Yes! Poodles are actually very muscular! They've gotten stereotyped as spoiled, pampered dogs that have bows in their fur (or hair actually, if we're being precise). But, they weren't always like that. Did you know that this hair cut was originally to protect them while they were hunting?

View attachment 2548330
Yes I did! The continental cut used in today’s show world is an extreme version of what use to be used to cushion the dog against cold German waters. Technically, the dog or bitch should not be penalised for having a modified working trim, but I want to say only the UKC holds up to the standard in that degree.

My spouse and I fostered a beautiful poodle. She would have stayed with us had she and our older dog got along well.

My EE cockerel is such a dummy. :rolleyes: There was a big owl sitting on a pole in my garden, right next to my coop. Luckily, my chickens are in an enclosed run, otherwise I probably would have lost one of my bantams. Anyway, my boy, Bunny, just kind of glanced at the owl, then proceed to peck the ground. He didn't care at all that there was an owl just a few feet away from him. He didn't alarm, he didn't crow, nothing. When the owl flew away, I opened the door to my porch, and Bunny jumped up on the roost and crowed. 🤦‍♀️ I have absolutely no hope for him. He's cute though, so I'll forgive him. :lol:

My EE cockerel is such a dummy. :rolleyes: There was a big owl sitting on a pole in my garden, right next to my coop. Luckily, my chickens are in an enclosed run, otherwise I probably would have lost one of my bantams. Anyway, my boy, Bunny, just kind of glanced at the owl, then proceed to peck the ground. He didn't care at all that there was an owl just a few feet away from him. He didn't alarm, he didn't crow, nothing. When the owl flew away, I opened the door to my porch, and Bunny jumped up on the roost and crowed. 🤦‍♀️ I have absolutely no hope for him. He's cute though, so I'll forgive him. :lol:
Wow...just wow...sounds like our EE cockerel, who shall be named dinner this spring.

Back
Top Bottom