Come Ramble With Me!

Will you ramble with me?

• Total voters
Of Course. At least until I find something better. Sorry Emma.
Guess I’ll have to preserve this moment then.

66BD1AA8-7341-4839-91CE-A7E9F9C278FF.jpeg

So excited to see a duck lover! I some how have created a small farm. Anyhow I had tried not to get close to my ducks because they really had not been very friendly. Never mean to humans, just skittish. We got up to 61 Muscovy’s! Wow!
My favorite experience has been having to save an un born duckling due a young mom and not really knowing what to do... after 2 months she finally abandon her nest. When I went to collect the eggs, one was peeping... this was the day my little Diddle was peeled outta her egg! Along with that day I had a momma hen abandon her nest’ I was so upset! So I brought eggs in sat on counter a couple hours went by and I kept hearing peeping.. yep 3 of the 5 eggs where peeping and long story short, raised 3bitties and 1 duckling together! They are still so sweet. 3 frizzle Cochins 1 smooth Cochin and 1 Muscovy ducklings!
so what I’m wondering is now 2 months later my Diddle shows no interest in being a duck. Not even in a pool. We have 27 acres and 3 ponds. He seems to be the protector of baby chicks? Will he ever be duckly?
It clearly depends on the duck. I saw a YouTube video by Gold Shawn Farm where they raised one duckling with four goslings. This group, I think it was named the Park some Recreation Crew, became very bonded. As they grew up, the duck, named Ron Swanson, always followed the geese.They free ranged during the day and were housed with 20+ ducks at night. Ron Swanson never left the Park Some Recreation Crew, even though there were 20+ ducks. So, it may or may not leave the chicks.

Ohhh, that makes tons more sense. Yeah if Your in it for egg production then they aren’t a great breed to choose.

But I don’t even like the taste of eggs very much, so I don’t really worry about it.

So for me my top priority it personality, which mine were the cuddliest cuddle bugs right after my bantam Cochins, but bantam Cochins are impossible to beat in terms of cuddliness so I was not surprised.

I was surprised by how cuddly they were though. Everytime I’d come out my little one who I had at the time, Zelda, would rush over and jump on my lap, he was amazing. My others were super cuddly too, loved to perch on my lap and get pets and go to sleep.

Plus they have those adorable little Boofs you can’t pass up.

I never got to experience colored eggs as mine all ended up being cockerels :)barnie) but I would die for some, simply Because they are pretty.

I’m getting six more in August, from Cackle this time, instead of a breeder, so will probably (hopefully) end up with a few females.

So really they are the perfect breed for me. :lol:
Oh, wow!!! How many do you have, as of right now? I hope you'll get a lot of females!

Oh, wow!!! How many do you have, as of right now? I hope you'll get a lot of females!
None currently, don’t have space for so many cockerels. :hmm

All of mine were blue wheaten. They were Gorgeous. wish I would have kept one, but then I wouldn’t been able to keep my sweet Feathers, who wasn’t cuddly with me, but was great with the ladies.

Sometimes I regret my choice, but whenever I look at the way he treats the girls, it always reminds me why I chose him.

Feathers.

30B06621-8FD4-4688-88CA-4081C444C98C.jpeg

Then this was Blue.

058B6F38-C58F-4655-98BB-EEB17DD2D825.jpeg

This one was Daisy.

07F1381C-1615-4313-BE60-DC463FC0EEB2.jpeg

None currently, don’t have space for so many cockerels. :hmm

All of mine were blue wheaten. They were Gorgeous. wish I would have kept one, but then I wouldn’t been able to keep my sweet Feathers, who wasn’t cuddly with me, but was great with the ladies.

Sometimes I regret my choice, but whenever I look at the way he treats the girls, it always reminds me why I chose him.

Feathers.

View attachment 2621697

Then this was Blue.

View attachment 2621698

This one was Daisy.

View attachment 2621699
Aww, they're so cute!!! You're making want to get them again!!!

Back
Top Bottom