Coming back to life

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by luvmychicknkids, Mar 29, 2012.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Hi! I used to be a fairly active member of this site. Then life got all crazy and I quit having chickens and just went away. However, life seems to be settling down a bit and I am back. :)

When I was on before, I lived in Arkansas. I now live in Floresville, Texas, a tiny little town south of San Antonio. I just got chickens again this past weekend. I currently have 2 naked necks (Scarlett and Blanca) a dark Cornish (Penny) and last but certainly not least, an African gosling (Gretchen). I am soooo happy to have chickens again! I missed them so much and can't wait to get more!

I live with my husband Kevin, my 4 sons, Isaiah (14), Abraham (12), Malachi (10), and Ebenezer (17 months). I am a housewife and wouldn't change a thing! :)

I may get started back kind of slow but I look forward to getting back in the swing of things around here!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Welcome back!
    It's so funny ...I was just reading another thread with some of your posts!
    Nice avatar!

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Sounds like you've had a lot going on... [​IMG] back!

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys! :) It's good to be back! That's too funny some of my old posts are still floating around! And thanks about the avatar! These guys are just so sweet! I have never had a goose before so this will be a new experience! She is such a snuggle baby! :)

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome back to BYC.

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Welcome Back [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you're back.

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome back from Ohio. So happy to see you posting again. :thumbsup

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thank you all so much! I have missed this place as much as I have missed having chickens! I don't know of any other place so many strangers can have so much care and concern for one another! It's great to be back! I have spent the day just browsing through posts getting a feel for things again. :) it's been nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by