commence cooking

chickaddict

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Bristol
I'm taking a 2 hour break before I start cooking. Beginning at hgh noon I will start to prepare the festival food for this evening and tomorrow.
I love cooking!!!!!! Okay , I love baking more and most of todays' work is baking.

on deck

2 angel food cakes - will become part of a vanilla strawberry trifle
2 inset brownie shells - will be transformed into filled pudding cakes
3 apple pies - because they DH's favorite
peanut butter cookies

make stuffing for tomorrow
sausage and peppers for tonight
meatballs for tonight and meatballs for 1 of tomorrows horduerves

what are you cooking???

My biggest challenge today will be to come up with a pumpkin desert for my mother who is gluten and lactose free. The pumpkin tofu with gingersnap crust of last year was a total flop. Even the dogs wouldn't eat it. Everything else is already prepped. Except I have to make the cranberry relish yet.

We too are also starting today, the DW is going to be Baking up a storm with pies and cakes, I will do all of the chopping and prep work for tomorrow. DW made some homemade Bon-bon's and chocolate treats yesterday.

AL

I am making rolls and cranberry salad and making stock for the dressing with the turkey guts. A couple pies and prep chopping, dip making and whatnot for tomorrow.

Well, I'm at work right now, but when I get home, I have to make the pumpkin pies, and cut up the celery and onions for my stuffing, and I'll make sure the turkey is totally thawed--sometimes I have to soak it in cold water. Just serving the traditional foods...turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and I think I'll make a nice green bean dish with fresh green beans. I don't make home made rolls. Just brown and serve........

Hey, a workin' gal's gotta do what she can do, ya know? Hats off to all of you ladies or gentlemen that have time to make everything from scratch! YUMMY!

I just put a pumpkin pie in the oven and I'm working up the energy to peel enough apples for 2 apple pies. We're going to a friends house for dinner and I offered to bring the pies.

I started YESTERDAY!

Today have quite a few more things to take care of, and I got up with some tummy trouble this morning so I haven't gotten to the kitchen yet. But since I did so well yesterday, I am not stressing.

You can follow this adventure here on my blog: http://FromSeed.Blogspot.com

I am sharing recipes, and cook times there and how I get it all done... AND I'll still be watching football with the boys and coloring the table clothes with the kids! (another fun things we do to keep them busy, I'll add that to my blog this afternoon.)

I know a few of you got my stuffing bread recipe... its a lovely loaf of bread with all the stuffing flavors already in the dough. Just let it go stale, or toast and add stock to it when ready to make your stuffing. I made mine last week and froze it, took it out to defrost last night.

I'm the only family member with a house, and dining table, so I get stuck with Thanksgiving prep each year... but its ok, with my cooking, no one ever cancels on me
smile.png
That feels good. Off to make the shrimp dip for the appetizers!

Woke up to a frozen hot water pipe to the kitchen. I didn't think to trickle the hot water, just the cold.

I have a heat lamp under the sink, so hopefully I can get to baking and cooking soon.

Back
Top Bottom