My Easter Dessert

Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Washington State
I finally got word that I'm not working on Sunday, so I was asked to make dessert for Easter. This is what I am making, this is a recipe I made up from a couple others. Its perfect warmer weather dessert as it doesn't require cooking.

Spring Trifle

1 Large Pre Baked Angel food Cake
2 large boxes lemon pudding prepared with "pie" directions (less milk)
1 pint heavy cream, whipped with sugar and vanilla
1 large container of blueberries
1 large container of strawberries, sliced, then mashed with a little sugar
2 small containers of raspeberries

I use a clear, tall bowl so this trifle will be visable. Its very pretty once assembled. Slice the cake in about 1/2 inch slices, line bottom of dish. Add mashed strawberries to the cake in a thin layer, then sprinkle with blue berries and raspberries, then add a layer of pudding (as if you were icing the berries) then add a thin layer of whipped cream. repeat ending with whipped cream until ingredients run out. Cover and chill at least two hours. Makes quite a large dessert, enough to feed a group of about 10-14 people easlily.

After i make this I'll take some pics and post them.

With the farmers markets all opening up and the amazing fruits coming in, I felt that this should make it back into the mainstream... I will be getting the items tonight for this... YUMMMYYYYYY

Sounds good....I have a lemon dessert called spring fling....I will have to see if I can find it. I made it once but was really good it was gone fast. I don't care for really sour lemon so this was perfect.

I found this recipe last night looking for other recipes so here it goes for anyone interested....

Spring Fling Dessert

2 cups crushed ritz crackers
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
1-17.5 ounce can of lemon pudding
1 cup whip cream
1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar

Step 1:

Combine crushed crackers in butter, melted.

Reserve 1/4 cup crumb mix.

Press remaining mix into a 13x9 pan and set aside.

Step 2:

In larger mixer bowl, beat egg whites till soft peaks form. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar till stiff peaks form. Spread over crumb mixture. Bake @ 350 for 18 miniutes. Cool and then spread pudding over meringue.

Step 3:

Mix whip cream with powered sugar till peaks form, spread over pudding sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and chill.

Hope someone tries it and tells me what they think....kids really like it.

Back
Top Bottom