Common Horse Colorings?

Lol! Totally! We own two horses, and keep out horses down the road to rotate pastures. So we are usually doing chores and caring for 5 horses at a time. I guess I am a "horse person" but have never felt the need to do all the research on colors. Lol!
Totally understandable!! Hahah I’m jealous you have so many horses 😂🤣

Totally understandable!! Hahah I’m jealous you have so many horses 😂🤣
WE only own two, but I get do to ground work, feed, care for and ride with the other horses. There our friends. She does a lot of the care and riding of them, but we feed, and supplement a lot when she gets home late. She has a Norwegian Fyord, and a Friesian QH cross. We have QH's, and then my other friend keeps her horse there, and she has a QH red dun. Our Qh's are Grulla and black. There fast ones too! I have lots of pics of them on my profile. There the best!

Hmm yeah that’s true and I do get it and know the terms are important and stuff but for a drawing on a shirt or cup or whatever, they were just trying to give examples of colors to draw, and most aren’t really that detailed I wouldn’t think
Exactly, just trying to give ideas for easy colors to draw, and the white horse with flowers in the mane is a very common horse in photos, there for an, easy recognizable horse to draw on a shirt.

WE only own two, but I get do to ground work, feed, care for and ride with the other horses. There our friends. She does a lot of the care and riding of them, but we feed, and supplement a lot when she gets home late. She has a Norwegian Fyord, and a Friesian QH cross. We have QH's, and then my other friend keeps her horse there, and she has a QH red dun. Our Qh's are Grulla and black. There fast ones too! I have lots of pics of them on my profile. There the best!
That’s awesome!! :love

Ooooohhhh that’s an excellent idea!!! :love
Ya, like a double of a horse like this-
1611948610083.png

Just for fun and to illustrate the point. These 2 are not both white. The one in the back (further away) is a grey, the one closer to the camera is a Sabino White or Maximum expression Sabino.

Both "white" horses with dark eyes and white mane and tail but 2 totally different colors...

0715101806b.jpg

Wow ok that's a lot to take in
So I really appreciate the lessons in horse stuff lol
for drawing purposes, it looks like the most common colors are
bay (medium/dark brown)
chestnut (light/gold brown)
"white" (might actually be grey or something fancy but looks white)
black
grey
and dun (gold with black legs, mane, tail)
does this sound good?

Wow ok that's a lot to take in
So I really appreciate the lessons in horse stuff lol
for drawing purposes, it looks like the most common colors are
bay (medium/dark brown)
chestnut (light/gold brown)
"white" (might actually be grey or something fancy but looks white)
black
grey
and dun (gold with black legs, mane, tail)
does this sound good?
bay also has black legs, mane and tail
chestnut is roughly same color overall.

Back
Top Bottom