Common to steal chickens?

Even if he is now gone, it might be wise to call it in to your local police with a description of the guy. At least then they have it on record. i don't want to scare you, but as some have suggested, he may have been casing your house and clocking your movements. Since his intentions are unknown, you may want to assume the worst and take precautions accordingly.

Lock your coops definitely, and then can you put up some sort of surveillance system out there? Or do you have a dog? Do you have relatives nearby that can drop by for the next couple of days just so it looks like there is a lot of coming and going?

I am on the Safety team as well. Unfortunatley this world is not as "safe" as it used to be. Call the cops and at least give them a "heads up" with your concerns. Surely would hate to see any of your girls come up missing, but I would be more concerned for your personal safety.

Just my thoughts.

Yup, I`m concerned for your safety also. Hunters don`t talk loudly on cell phones. Lock your coop, but lock your doors also. Keep a gun and cell phone handy, and call the cops so they have a record of this. Let them know you are alone a lot and are afraid for your life. There are tons of crazies out there. If you have to shoot, empty the gun. It shows the cops that you are truly afraid. Don`t miss. Praying for ya.......Pop

i once found a guy just standing in my drained swimming pool. really weird!!! turns out the land i live on belonged to him like 60 years ago so he felt it was okay to come snooping around....

Well hubby came home after it turned dark and the first thing he said to me when he walked in the door was something smelled like it was burning. We don't have a fireplace and i didn't smell anything. So we went to check on the ducks and chickens and deep in the woods we saw what looked like a camp fire. My husband is going to try to come home from work while still light out to follow the trail in the direction of the light and see if there is someone staying there.

Thanks for the concern. I will let everyone know what happens.

If it were me, I'd have my local law enforcement checking it out instead of my DH. Who knows who's out there and what their intention is? Are these woods public land or private land? Good luck, lock up and stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom