comp fan in a still air incubator

ams4776

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
in harmony with all in harmony
I bought a still air incubator and have actually 2 comp fans i can place inside. Is one enough (holds 40cl chicken eggs onlu doong like 20) or would two fans be even better? Not sure and my first time im gonna incubate

Thanks. Ill keep the 2nd one on standby then.
smile.png

Quote:
You can cut the wires on the fan, then get an old phone charger and cut the wires on that, twist together, electric tape over open wire, and just plug it in. I "think" the old phone charger has to be a 12 volt ... can't remember for sure but I think that is what the fans run on. If you search BYC, you can find a lot of posts on how to do it.
This post shows one in use https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=382703

If the power supply is less than 12V the fan will turn slower. If it is more than 12V it will turn faster. Try to stay between 6V an 18V though. The .12 Amps is how much energy it draws so your power supply needs to be .12 Amps (120 Milliamps) output or more which almost all are. If the power supply is less amps it with heat up the power supply an burn it up.

Back
Top Bottom