Comparison pics EE vs Ameraucana and Auracunas

Caat

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
BC,
can someone please post pics of the three for comparison please as I do not understand the difference and the net seems to be full of contradictions... thanks

The only contradictions are those made by hatcheries and people who believe their supplying hatcheries.
smile.png

There's a lot of topics w/pics and I believe even Wikipedia did a good job of describing the difference, here's a common known topic telling the difference .

Araucanas are rumpless, no tail, and no beard either. They're very rare. They only lay blue eggs.

Easter Eggers are mutts w/beards, tails, and are very common. They vary in color and lay different egg colors.

Ameraucanas are like Easter Eggers but NOT mutts or common, and come in certain colors and only have slate/blue or black legs, and only lay blue eggs.

Quote:
thank you. I've tried to research it but maybe it's just me getting confused... Thanks! btw, your sig mentions Olives... I'm assuming we aren't talking talking about the condiment...

Haha
big_smile.png

No, I mean Olive Eggers & Easter Eggers but a shorter way of putting it. Olive Eggers is a name for a "special kind" of Easter Egger, a specific breeding/egg color laid.

your avatar has totally caused my adiction to wanting chickens that lay different colored eggs!!!! Thank you! thank you! thank you!!!
smile.png
celebrate.gif
I've been searching for EEs and Ameraucanas for months now! lol

This is a picture of an Araucanas little rumpless behind.

99491_dscf1777.jpg

You can see the tufts on the girl on the right, but her comb is wrong I think.

99491_dscf1787.jpg

The one on the left is not tufted. But I think her comb is correct.

99491_dscf1793.jpg

99491_dscf1789.jpg

99491_027.jpg

99491_040.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom