Competition time! *All poultry welcomed*

Okay so... one time I was free-ranging my flock, and when they got busy in one area I went in for lunch. After a while I heard a commotion outside (lots of squawking), so I ran out. There where a few feathers just outside of a row of pine trees- there had been an attack. My family and I started going through the trees, as we could only see a few chickens on top of the coop (we had a dozen).
There ended up being 4 dead chickens spread out in the trees. It was really bad, those where our pets. We put away the remaining chickens and started searching for the missing ones. We found more feathers leading in a trail down the hill, stopping just before a large tree. So here is the hero chicken:
We knew it was a fox (My brother saw it run by). The chicken (Her name was Shaker) had led the fox away from the coop and her fellow coop mates and sacrificed her life to save them. She literately passed three trees along the way, not hopping into any of those, but kept running.
After a while two more chickens came back home.
So... that's my chicken hero story.

Okay so... one time I was free-ranging my flock, and when they got busy in one area I went in for lunch. After a while I heard a commotion outside (lots of squawking), so I ran out. There where a few feathers just outside of a row of pine trees- there had been an attack. My family and I started going through the trees, as we could only see a few chickens on top of the coop (we had a dozen).
There ended up being 4 dead chickens spread out in the trees. It was really bad, those where our pets. We put away the remaining chickens and started searching for the missing ones. We found more feathers leading in a trail down the hill, stopping just before a large tree. So here is the hero chicken:
We knew it was a fox (My brother saw it run by). The chicken (Her name was Shaker) had led the fox away from the coop and her fellow coop mates and sacrificed her life to save them. She literately passed three trees along the way, not hopping into any of those, but kept running.
After a while two more chickens came back home.
So... that's my chicken hero story.
:hit:hitamazing!

Hey there!
Since my last competition got so many views, I am going to be running another one.
Here is what you need to know-
1) You may enter your poultry in any of the 4 categories below,
2) 1 entry per category
3) MUST be your own pictures
4) Winners announced January 15th 2021
5) Have fun!

Category 1)
-Most heroic backstory (eg, Mimi has been attacked 3 times and has had cuts xyx but still lays the most eggs....)

Category 2)
- Most stunning/ eye-catching bird

Category 3)
-Best In Show Hen ( Overall best HEN)

Category 4)
-Best In Show Cockerel (Overall best Cockerel)

Remember, winners announced January 15th!

Good luck!
Pipit, Category 4!
IMG_4392.jpg

Pipit is our mixed breed cockerel, he is a very studly cockerel, sadly, he is very likely blind in his left eye, we aren't sure how, perhaps he got in a fight with one of the other two roosters, or just an infection that had gotten bad, but he is still the handsome man of the coop!
He has fathered a son, who looks like a mirror image of his father!

Last edited:
Pipit, Category 4!
View attachment 2487188
Pipit is our mixed breed cockerel, he is a very studly cockerel, sadly, he is very likely blind in his left eye, we aren't sure how, perhaps he got in a fight with one of the other two roosters, or just an infection that had gotten bad, but he is still the handsome man of the coop!
He has fathered a son, who looks like a mirror image of his father!
Gorgeous cockerel!!!:love:love He is entered!

Back
Top Bottom