Complete newbie! Do I sterilize my eggs before placing them in incubator?

ailron

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 17, 2013
East Tennessee
I have just purchased a new Hovabator Still Air Incubator and the turner. I have eggs from my existing flock that I want to hatch. I have NEVER done this before and have no idea what I'm doing. I know the humidity is important and keeping the temperature constant at 99.5 but that's it. Any and all advice, tips, tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have just purchased a new Hovabator Still Air Incubator and the turner. I have eggs from my existing flock that I want to hatch. I have NEVER done this before and have no idea what I'm doing. I know the humidity is important and keeping the temperature constant at 99.5 but that's it. Any and all advice, tips, tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Don't wash eggs...Put nothing on them,,Make sure hand are free of oils and perfumes when handling them...Place eggs in incubator pointed end down..Place lid on incubator Wait 3 weeks..and there ya go...

Well, ya gotta turn them 2-3 times per day... But no. Don't put any excessively dirty eggs in the bator, but don't wash them. Farm fresh eggs sometimes get poo on them. It wouldn't be any different than the broody hen taking care of them. She probly wouldn't throw one out cuz it got poo on it, but you don't want them going bad in the bator either. If the hen wants it clean, she'll pick the poo off.

MaTanner1

Back
Top Bottom