COMPLETELY Getting rid of mites in barn. Infestation... HELP

I am not sure. All of the pictures I have looked up all look different, because they are all blown up pictures, which is useless if all I see is light brown pencil dots!

Grain weevils are signs of old feed or improperly stored feed. If I open a bag of feed with grain weevils I take it back and buy my feed elsewhere.

Sounds like you have lots of work ahead of you.

Grain weevils are signs of old feed or improperly stored feed. If I open a bag of feed with grain weevils I take it back and buy my feed elsewhere.

Sounds like you have lots of work ahead of you.
Aren't weevils pretty big.....big enough to easily to ID with naked eye?

Weevils are larger than grain mites. Grain mites are usually found on finely ground (processed) grains. Weevils are what you usually find in scratch feed. I don't know what part of the country the OP is but I wonder if there is a local agricultural agent that can help ID these pest. A entomologist would be the person to ask about ID species infecting feed.

I use Insectrin spray by Prozap to spray my barn and coops when I do my spring/fall clean outs. I have used Adams flea and tick spray for pets on my birds with excellent results. Remember to re-treat everything, coops and birds, every 7-10 days to break the mites hatch cycle.

how hard is it to see the mites some of my chicken necks are loosing there feather I have had the lice but never the mites I take good care of my chickens it is always something

Back
Top Bottom