Completely new to this

TDurks

Hatching
Mar 30, 2015
Hi - I am at the very beginning stages of raising chickens. I want them for eggs and pets. I was hoping to find a local place to buy the chicks but I can't seem to find one (in Bethany, CT). What is the best site to order chicks? How long does it usually take to receive them? Where is the best site to order supplies to start?

Thanks!

There are several hatcheries you could order from, and I've ordered from both Meyer and Ideal and would recommend them. However, before that, if you're looking for local chicks, you might check your local craigslist and your local thread on this forum. Also, this time of year feed stores have their chicks in. If you have a Tractor Supply in your area, they will have chicks in and they will have all the supplies you'll need too :)

thanks! I don't see any CT threads under the "Where am I? Where are you?" thread. I do have a tractor supply store near my house and they carry chicks but won't have any until the end of April. I will keep looking. Thanks again.

Oh, weird that they don't have the chicks yet! Hmm, then I would definitely try your local craigslist, or you can certainly do a hatchery, but since a lot of them are all shipping to feed stores right now they might not have a lot available unfortunately. Here's your CT thread, but I don't know how active it is: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/55/connecticut

Back
Top Bottom