Completely random question for the ladies on here...

Robin'sBrood :

But Debi Booger has such a nice ring to it.
lau.gif

I wonder if a man with that last name would ever consider taking his wife's last name, I mean, you know he can't like his own last name. And the thoughts of passing that on to offspring.
sickbyc.gif

My married name? Deborah Lorrah
roll.png

My husband's last name translates to 'Abomination'.

I actually find it rather fitting.

Would have taken it already, but stupid military hospital screwed up my birth certificate and now I don't know who I am
wink.png

When I was in school there was a brother and sister that had a last name that well... is a derogatory name for a loose woman. (starts with W)

I don't know HOW they got a name like that - it was horrible, the boy seemed to do ok, but the girl!!!
th.gif

I was at a wedding where the bride and groom had decided that they would have a coin toss at the wedding, and they'd both take the last name of whichever of them won the toss. The bride won. The groom took her last name.

I could live with it really, I'd make fun of it and so would everyone else I know...I guess my kids would just have to learn to laugh as much as me

a coin toss takes the cake as the oddist thing I've herd of a brid and groom doing at their wedding...but as long as they are happy...

Quote:
It was humorous ... as I recall, it made Washingtonian magazine. (or some other local publication).

People who'd read about it were talking about it where I worked, and I could say ... "yeah, I was at that wedding." The woman and I were once housemates, and I'd been best man at her first wedding.

I'm gonna have to call Deb "Debi-Booger" for a while now, though.
lol.png

Last edited:
Sorry but no way I would use "Booger"

We'd either use mine although it's very difficult to spell and pronounce or we'd chose a name and both legally change our names to what we picked.

When my aunt got divorced she didnt want to go back to her maiden name or keep her ex's name so she picked her last name to be "Snow" and had it changed.

Nancy

Quote:
My mom did the same thing. Her AND my brother changed their last name to something completely new. I, on the other hand, got married and took my hubby's last name. NO WAY would I take the last name booger! Not a chance!!

Back
Top Bottom