completely safe eggs?

TreyClark281

Songster
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
around Katy, Tx
what! i saw this in a reasors circular is a called davidsons pasteurized eggs.
it says you can eat them raw and you are garenteed not to get sick or something like that
anyone know how to do this at home? check out the web sight here

I don't beleve you would be able to home-pasturize eggs in the shell. They have a lot of very expensive, specialized equipment that allows a flash heating of the egg to kill any bacteria, and I believe they then coat the egg to keep new bacteria from entering the shell.

Personally, I think it's a total hyped-up waste of money to buy those pasturized eggs. If you cook your eggs well, there is no threat from bacterial illness. Besides, the eggs will just get bacteria on them again on the outside that can be carried to the contents when you crack the egg open. The world is not a sterile place.

If you want to eat raw eggs, eat your own. I live dangerously all the time and lick the batter and everything when it's my own eggs...

If you are a person living with a compromised immune system, that would be especially suceptable to food bourne illnesses, then I'd suggest you never eat undercooked foods at all - it's not worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom