Completly lost 2

pop.gif
watching..

Good luck!

Sweet! What kinda incubator are you using?
i have an old Little Gaint still air styrofoam incubator . I hand turn 3 times a day till lockdown . And I am a hands on hatcher . This LG is about 19 years old .Did several hatches then .But then went to work and got rid of our chickens.Then 3 years ago my brother gave us 3 hens and a rooster .So i had to drag it back out .

Last edited:
When are your eggs hatching ? I have two incubators going now .Put eggs back in LG for my brother and a friend gave us his old hova bator .So I had to try it out .He also brought 3 dozen white legar eggs .And got it filled on up with Sliver laced wyndotte And a few of my mix. So far itvis doing great . It is up the 25th

Mine should hatch the 31st. So far i have had pretty stable temps, unlike last time. This is my second attempt at hatching. Last time i got 7 of 15.

High humidity during the incubation process or after day 18 causes death? I didnt add any water except after day 18. Then i added alot! There way condensation on the windows

The first 17 days. Raising the humidity at lockdown doesn't compromise the progress of hatching, but you really don't want to see condensation either. Did you monitor the air cells at all during incubation?

When are your eggs hatching ? I have two incubators going now .Put eggs back in LG for my brother and a friend gave us his old hova bator .So I had to try it out .He also brought 3 dozen white legar eggs .And got it filled on up with Sliver laced wyndotte And a few of my mix. So far itvis doing great . It is up the 25th

I used an old LG 9200 for 2 1/2 years. It was work, but it did good by me. Just got the Hovabator 1583. I love it.

Yeah i candled often. Still dont really know what i was looking at but alot of the air sacks were snaller than they should have been compared to the pics ive seen

The first 17 days. Raising the humidity at lockdown doesn't compromise the progress of hatching, but you really don't want to see condensation either. Did you monitor the air cells at all during incubation?

I used an old LG 9200 for 2 1/2 years. It was work, but it did good by me. Just got the Hovabator 1583. I love it.
hide.gif
how is the dancing queen? that precious baby chick you had last year?

Sorry all..I just had to ask her real quick..I couldn't help myself.
hide.gif

Mine should hatch the 31st. So far i have had pretty stable temps, unlike last time. This is my second attempt at hatching. Last time i got 7 of 15.
oh I wish you the Best of luck. I put some smooth rocks in bottom of mine several years ago .It helps to stablize temp spikes

Back
Top Bottom