Completly lost 2

I used an old LG 9200 for 2 1/2 years. It was work, but it did good by me. Just got the Hovabator 1583. I love it.

I just dug my mom's LG9200 out of the woodshed where it's been for the past 20 years and I was wondering if anyone was still using one. I have zero idea what I'm doing, and this thing is missing half its parts. So it's nice to know that you had one not too long ago and it worked for you. I'm trying to keep my expectations low because this is my first go-round with this incubator and I had my eggs shipped.

I just dug my mom's LG9200 out of the woodshed where it's been for the past 20 years and I was wondering if anyone was still using one. I have zero idea what I'm doing, and this thing is missing half its parts. So it's nice to know that you had one not too long ago and it worked for you. I'm trying to keep my expectations low because this is my first go-round with this incubator and I had my eggs shipped.

I used mine, well, it was actually borrowed from my sister...lol until the heating element went last fall. One side would heat hotter than the other. I ordered the Hovabator last month and am real happy with my choice.

There's not much to these bators, what are you missing? Shipped can be a pain.

I used mine, well, it was actually borrowed from my sister...lol until the heating element went last fall. One side would heat hotter than the other. I ordered the Hovabator last month and am real happy with my choice.

There's not much to these bators, what are you missing? Shipped can be a pain.

I think all I'm really missing is the thermometer/hygrometer and the vent plugs, both of which were easily replaced or rigged. I swear I remember using a turner but my mother assures me we turned our own eggs. So what I'm left with is a styrofoam box with a heating element and a wire grate, but that's all an incubator really is anyway, right?

The last time this thing was used was in 1998. My mom bought 25 Cuckoo Marans eggs from a guy in Maine, had them shipped to Tennessee, and every single one of those mf'ers hatched and lived. So I know it can be done and I'm pretty impressed with how well it's holding its temp.

I think all I'm really missing is the thermometer/hygrometer and the vent plugs, both of which were easily replaced or rigged. I swear I remember using a turner but my mother assures me we turned our own eggs. So what I'm left with is a styrofoam box with a heating element and a wire grate, but that's all an incubator really is anyway, right?

The last time this thing was used was in 1998. My mom bought 25 Cuckoo Marans eggs from a guy in Maine, had them shipped to Tennessee, and every single one of those mf'ers hatched and lived. So I know it can be done and I'm pretty impressed with how well it's holding its temp.

Mine didn't have the vent plugs either, I just didn't use them, and I switched from turner to hand turning on my third hatch, prefer hand turning actually. When I got my Hovabator first thing I did was pull the plug out and threw it in a drawer. I bought my thermometers and hygrometer.

I think thats what i have as well. Get a good thermometer and your set. The temp dial is tricky but it hatches eggs. I dont have the plugs either. I just leave them open

I think thats what i have as well. Get a good thermometer and your set. The temp dial is tricky but it hatches eggs. I dont have the plugs either. I just leave them open

I guess I like to run before I walk so of course I ordered a bunch of rare and not inexpensive bantam duck eggs to try and hatch. Yes, I should have gotten some local barnyard chicken eggs for my first solo incubating experience but I did not, so I'm trying to keep humidity higher than that required for chicken eggs (but not too high!) and hoping at least a few develop so I can count this as a win. Masking tape seems to be ok at "plugging" the vents and the various gauges I'm using are probably far superior to whatever came with it originally. The only thing that concerns me at this point (only 2 days in) is that when I first set the eggs, the humidity dropped drastically. I added water and plugged all vents (masking tape) and it rose to 60%, and stayed there for about 24 hours before I got it to level out around 53. I'm in Tennessee, this winter has been insanely unpredictable, and ambient humidity can go from 80 to 20 percent with the drop of a hat. So I'm keeping a REALLY close eye on it and hoping I haven't already cooked my babies.

I dont know a thing about duck eggs. So far i have hatched 7 chicken eggs out of 15 so im no expert. Lol

I've hatched many many chickens, a few guineas, might be trying peafowl this summer, but haven't done ducks yet. But, I have quite a few chicken connections that do ducks, you can find some on my hands on hatching and help thread, and the relatively use the same conditions for their ducks as they do standard chickens.

Hey quick off the topic question. How old do chicks have to be before they can leave the brooder and heat lamp? Mine are about 5 weeks and feathered out (except the heads)

Back
Top Bottom