Composting bedding with Stall Dry

pricem11

Songster
12 Years
Aug 14, 2007
Pittsboro, NC
I have a question about composting manure and bedding. I have a smallish coop, so I use a fair amount of Stall Dry. Does anyone know whether this product contains chemicals that would survive composting and be harmful to plants in the garden? Thanks for any reply.

Mark

Mark,
I have been using stall dry in my coop as well this winter. The bag states that it is made from all natural ingredients. I am planning on putting it in my compost pile and letting it compost for a season before I use it. I also add grass clippings and leaves so by the time I put it in my garden the ratio of stall dry to other materials should be relatively low. If you still have the bag it came in there should be a customer service # on it or a company that you can look up on the internet to call and ask!
Susanne

I use Dry Stall with the pine shavings and always put it on our garden and till it in... no problems...

I'll watch for this product-thanks; another is 'Stable Boy' which is safe for all forms of livestock and absorbs ammonia and I'm pleased with it...
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom