Computer experts... Help Please!

SourRoses

Free Ranging
13 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Florida
My mother thinks her PC has "died".

When she tries to start it... the loading bar comes up and starts... then it flashes to the black screen with 2 little white sentences... It varies what it says... but once it was a code 1401? And has said stuff like "Hard drive not found" and "Boot program not found" and another similar "lost" item.

I told mom I don't think the computer has actually "lost" all these various things (though admittedly I am not tech-savvy) but rather maybe it has become disconnected somewhere?

What do the computer experts out there think?? Thanks in advance! Mom is miserable without her computer!

Oh yeah... and she has taken this thing to be repaired a half dozen times! Less than 4 weeks ago it was the screen.. apparently it was just dead, and had to be replaced.. so a hundred bucks down the drain on that... (I won't say I told her to get a new one then... I won't say it!
tongue.png
) I'm near convinced these guys she has repairing her stuff (PC and Car), both of which have been called on multiple times.. are just taking her for a ride... and "fixing" stuff, sure... meanwhile breaking other parts??!!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
It does indeed sound like a hard drive crash, could be viral. It certainly needs some help. Depending on the age of the computer, it might be cheaper to replace it than to have it fixed these days.

Back
Top Bottom