Computer/software experts, please help or advise me

Stumpy

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 15, 2008
I am absolutely baffled by an internet problem we are having. We have satellite internet, wi-fi, with a fairly new modem. Because we don't have cable or satellite television, we rely on the internet for watching local weather, etc. A few days ago we became unable to do this because our two local TV station sites as well as the www.intellicast.com site refused to load. There is no error message, they just never load.

This is happening on both computers, one running Windows 7 and one running Windows 8. We have tried in Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome. What could be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but have you rebooted? Don't mean to be a butt or anything, but my Iphone got crazy one time. Took it to the phone store for help, first thing the tec. said, you rebooted? Did that and it fixed everything. hope this helps.

Who is your satellite internet provider? Most providers have a very very low bandwidth allocation and they will throttle your speeds down if you over-use it. And it's really easy to over-use it. I have satellite internet because it's the only thing available besides dial up. I hate it.

I've got satellite too and I love it, lol! You do have to make sure your plan fits what you are using it for though. Our company has three plans and we get the middle one. A neighbor has complaints about using Netflix sometimes being slow on the cheapest plan - but it's not meant to run that.

If your company is "down throttling" speeds that you are paying for then I would report them to bbb.

Did you try clearing the cookies/cache? Did it work? If there is an old version in there that has an error your computer might be trying to pull it from your cache instead of the live version. Since the live version works from here and other sites work for you there, my best guess is a cookies/cache problem.

Thanks for these responses. I know the websites are not down. I can watch another TV station website with no problems. We recently upgraded so that we could get a lot more bandwidth and avoid the so-called Fair Access Policy thing where we get shut down completely. I will try the cookies, but it seems strange that it started happening on two different computers at the same time.

Later........

I cleared the cookies and cache and that fixed it!!!
wee.gif
All three pages loaded immediately.
celebrate.gif

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom