Concerned

DSauber

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2018
I'm currently waiting for some eggs to hatch. I have a styrofoam incubator and it came with a plastic tray. It has grooves and flat spots, will the eggs hatch ok in that or should they be laying flat?

What brand is it? You say a tray with grooves and flat spots, that sounds like it's the humidity tray. You put water in it to get the humidity level up. Can you post a pic, might clairify what it is?

What brand is it? You say a tray with grooves and flat spots, that sounds like it's the humidity tray. You put water in it to get the humidity level up. Can you post a pic, might clairify what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2213.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2213.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 8
Ok, that's the humidity tray. There should be a mesh screen that goes on top of the tray. A turner, if you use one will sit on top of the mesh screen.
There isn't a turner. I did that by hand for the first 18 days. They're ready to hatch. I have a pip in one.

I'm concerned that they won't be able to hatch in the grooves. Is it to late to put the mesh screen in while they're trying to hatch?

There isn't a turner. I did that by hand for the first 18 days. They're ready to hatch. I have a pip in one.
Ok, I don't understand what your asking....the tray is to hold water for humidity. If you put the eggs in the tray they will drown ....they should be laying on top of the screen with the tray below it...is this the way it's setup?

Ok, I don't understand what your asking....the tray is to hold water for humidity. If you put the eggs in the tray they will drown ....they should be laying on top of the screen with the tray below it...is this the way it's setup?
The water is in the bottom of the styrofoam base. The plastic tray is on top of it.

The water is in the bottom of the styrofoam base. The plastic tray is on top of it.
Ok, that's not the way it's suppose to be...but yeah, the screen on top and transfer the eggs super fast to the screen. Add warm water to the tray not the bottom of the incubator. It's not good to open the bator when the eggs are pipping, you lose all your humidity and the chicks run the risk of becoming shrink wrapped. But in this case would do it.

Back
Top Bottom