Concerns on Overmating?

el polo froggo

In the Brooder
May 8, 2019
I have I rooster and 3 hens. Roosters mate with hens 10 to 30 times a day- is there any way to keep the flock together and don’t have to worry about fertile eggs? I don’t think people will by hybrids.

I have I rooster and 3 hens. Roosters mate with hens 10 to 30 times a day- is there any way to keep the flock together and don’t have to worry about fertile eggs? I don’t think people will by hybrids.
Collect eggs daily and don't incubate.....fertilized eggs are perfectly edible and no different than unfertilized eggs as long as not incubated (naturally or artificially).
Regarding overmating....how old are the birds, males often settle with maturity. If damage is taking place, use of hen saddles can help. It may be necessary to increase the available females to help "spread the love"

Collect eggs daily and don't incubate.....fertilized eggs are perfectly edible and no different than unfertilized eggs as long as not incubated (naturally or artificially).
Regarding overmating....how old are the birds, males often settle with maturity. If damage is taking place, use of hen saddles can help. It may be necessary to increase the available females to help "spread the love"
Lmao. I will think about doing that.. right now their around six weeks but it’s sexual maturity that I’m worried about.

Where are you getting your stats on the frequency of breeding? Your initial post made it sound like that was what you were observing but now it sounds like that is what you are expecting to happen
I’ve had experience with past time roosters.. They all just have a tendency to reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom