Confessions of a City Slicker

I went to the thrift store yesterday and saw this and had to have it. It's their good luck hatching talisman lol

Nice! I have two in there that are working really well so I'm feeling pretty comfortable.

The bator came back up to temp beautifully after putting the eggs in and it's just humming away hopefully perfectly baking me some chicks.

I wish there was a way to disengage the fan when the chicks start pipping so as not to dry the membrane. I know keeping the humidity up will help but I'm sure not having a fan blowing on them would also be a plus.

12 or so hours in and all's well. This going to be a long 3 weeks.

If you disconnect the fan, the temp may change. Don't worry about it, as your humidity will be plenty high when your in lock down anyways. I opened my incubator repeatedly during lockdown (insert gasp here!) and had a great first hatch!

I was watching a video of a guy who broke all the rules and he still managed a pretty decent hatch. I know it would change the temp a little bit. I guess it'll be fine. Probably none of my eggs will make it to lockdown anyway
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom