Confinement to lay their eggs

Ajoy1955

Songster
Jul 1, 2023
Greeneville Tennessee
So I am in the process of establishing the entire flock in one coop for night time roost, the problem is this, my three pullets started laying in the grow out coop, last night was the first night for them to be with all the flock in the big coop.. I closed up their grow out coop today to deny them access… they are going nuts wanting to get in to lay their eggs… I caught all three of them and put them in the big coop and have shut them in(with fans and water) until they lay today… is this a good idea? A person who is very close to me who has chickens suggested this .. I am at my wits end with this entire process of adding new pullets to my flock .. thanks your help!

I had to do that with my first time layers because they couldn't figure it out. I have a camera in the coop so as Soon as I saw they were done I opened the door and they went on with their day. I only had to do it once and they got it.
So far one has layed an egg, but another one is in the same corner of the first layed egg .. at this point I don’t care if they find their own spot in the coop to lay , just as long as it is there 😎

Back
Top Bottom