Confirmed all are pullets..now for a Roo

Phoenix rizing

Chirping
May 23, 2019
I currently have EE blk austrolorps and nh reds I'm looking for a top notch breed for cockerel ..large sized..hearty for extreme N Woods Maine long winters and one that can breed with my pullets.. for EEs I have a blue/silver smoke, a lavender/blue/blk smoke, and partridge colored EE pullet (3 in all) ..the partridge colored one having the blue smoked feathers highlights in wings n tail.. thinking maybe EE but what about blk sex link? or lavender leghorn? but are they linkable?? Any thoughts??

Hi! not sure what you mean by linkable, basically any chicken breed can be crossed with another, are you looking for a certain outcome? I have a black sex link rooster and love him, only problem is that anything i breed him with will be a mutt. Have you considered an orpington?

I'm not sure what you mean by linkable? I don't know of any way to make sex links with those pullets.

Any rooster can breed with any hen. Are you looking more for meat production, egg production, or something else? EE's don't mean anything as they are not a breed. There are no standards for them so who knows what they actually are? They are generally about egg shell color but we can't even agree on a definition of that.

Typically cold hardy is about comb size. The smaller the comb and wattles the less likely they are to get frostbite. We all have our favorite breeds. Chantecler and Buckeyes were developed as dual purpose breeds that are fairly good at both eggs and meat suitable for a colder climate. You might look into those.

Hi! not sure what you mean by linkable, basically any chicken breed can be crossed with another, are you looking for a certain outcome? I have a black sex link rooster and love him, only problem is that anything i breed him with will be a mutt. Have you considered an orpington?
Oh I had one orp. Pullet (marilyn monroe of chickens) she was the dutchess of patten me and the fox got her along with 3 others here she was
(all 8 that are left are safe now tho have an enclosed roaming pen now and I was very sad about this and nope no breeding I decided today...not to yet unless I get an EE cockerel at sum pt ( I gage 3 pullet violet/blk smoke, blue smoke and partridge/blue smoke pullets) but I absolutely looove the looks of the blk sex link..I had a blk aussie cockerel he was stunning but fox got him too ugh ... had no clue where my birds were going it wasn't until that fox almost got number 5 that we learned what was up but only learned it was a fox cuz my cat and b.f. saved her from him, minus a pile of feathers, so until the fox was seen we had no clue what was happening and had completely free roam chickens all summer ..they even put themselves to bed but with my cat around he kills weasels and such (actually anything that comes on property near his bird's lol)..olliver is their guard and has saved a few of their lives so far.. find him on f.b. follow his page
He's a hero 20191114_043620.jpg follow on F+B
olliver the chicken herding cat
IMG_20191012_152153800.jpg
Here's floppy (big red) she's the one who was saved by olliver the cat.. this chicken does this to me any chance she gets she's on my back..if I stoop down she gets up on my back.. every time.. my chickens are a bunch of super smart girls they even laid eggs in my kitchen till I stopped them for obvious reasons .. they used cat door would come in lay sound off wake me up then go out lol.. I gather one that talks to u..portabella is her name..instructs u how to clean the coupe how to feed her water her and she's a daddy's girl... my b.f. made a lap chicken out of her and she looks directly up at u when she's talking and she actually bitches loudly if u don't bring a treat to the coupe with u..lol.. they are great
I'm not sure what you mean by linkable? I don't know of any way to make sex links with those pullets.

Any rooster can breed with any hen. Are you looking more for meat production, egg production, or something else? EE's don't mean anything as they are not a breed. There are no standards for them so who knows what they actually are? They are generally about egg shell color but we can't even agree on a definition of that.

Typically cold hardy is about comb size. The smaller the comb and wattles the less likely they are to get frostbite. We all have our favorite breeds. Chantecler and Buckeyes were developed as dual purpose breeds that are fairly good at both eggs and meat suitable for a colder climate. You might look into those.
Decided not to breed so that's not factor.. I'm on hunt lol..

Back
Top Bottom