Conflict within Daphne’s flock - need ideas!

It turns out that tiny Matilda is bold and brave and will NOT tolerate being separated from her new friend. After spending the evening with them, I let M and P out with Daphne. It’s as though they’ve known each other forever! There was a brief interaction with the ‘Scovettes, but I soon closed the Rouens in the stall after a period of loud and excited greetings and explorings! Daphne seems very pleased.

692C1701-FC7F-409E-97FF-722B3A40C5A5.jpeg
6546C41C-3910-4679-8600-9945ADDAFEF2.jpeg

It turns out that tiny Matilda is bold and brave and will NOT tolerate being separated from her new friend. After spending the evening with them, I let M and P out with Daphne. It’s as though they’ve known each other forever! There was a brief interaction with the ‘Scovettes, but I soon closed the Rouens in the stall after a period of loud and excited greetings and explorings! Daphne seems very pleased.

View attachment 2501642View attachment 2501643
Go Daphne! Congratulations to your new friends! 💙💚💛💜🧡

No pictures this AM as I only had time to lug buckets of water to the barn to feed, water, and do a quick check-in before work. However, Team Daphne appears to be doing well his AM, and the ‘Scovettes are hanging out together wondering what they did to deserve this. :rant:rant

Daphne has taught Matilda and Puddleduck the importance of quacking as loudly as possible to ensure that their requests come across clearly. Matilda, in particular, is an apt pupil. :eek:

Thank you all for your advice and support!

Hi @Daphne_loves_mealworms - How is Team Daphne doing?

Thank you for checking in! Team Daphne is doing brilliantly! They’ve worked out whatever they needed to, and it appears they’ve been cuddling at night, which is excellent as we are hitting some typical January temperatures (negative whatever with a wind chill of awful). The ‘Scovettes have come to terms with the “breakup”, although they initially seemed upset in a “what went wrong” kind of way. The Rouens and ‘Scovettes have separate food and water bowls. Everyone seems pleased. I just wish the newbies would stop swimming in their drinking water!

Back
Top Bottom