Conflicting info: At what age do geese lay eggs?

I have a hybrid pet goose whom we purchased from a farm as an egg... we know for sure is half canada goose and believe half brown chinese (yes i made sure shes legal)... She hatched 16. April 2019 but no eggs yet. I did the vent sexing when she was a gosling and she appeared female.... How do i know if she will lay soon? Or if i was wrong? By when should she lay before i know i was probably wrong? Shes been sassy lately lol and i dont want to vent her atm incase she is producing an egg... Feel like it would be dangerous for her and just wrong atm. You can see/hear her on her youtube channel : Pretty Bird the pet goose. I am also attaching a picture 💖

Attachments

• 20190604_172031_Film1.jpg
    20190604_172031_Film1.jpg
    788.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2019-08-30-00-56-48.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-30-00-56-48.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20191215_172517_Film1.jpg
    20191215_172517_Film1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 10
Since she/he is a Chinese x Canada Hybrid, Its hard to tell since Canadian geese male and females both have the same looking lobes, both are uptight to the body, but just going off by posture I'd say male although I'm not 100% sure. She/He is sure pretty!

From looking at the pictures I say gander. No lobes hanging down under her belly. I don’t see a link to your video if you can give us that? Very pretty goose. Why just one?
From what i can tell canada geese dont have lumps the bottom . some of he pics are also older. I just ealized that may matter. I did notice like a bump in the center of her belly between legs what looks like a bump the size of a goose egg would be. Its barely noticable . ill try to capture it on camera soon.

With my Embden gander his honk is ear piercing my Toulouse female has a low pitched honk
Almost a mumble. If you could share a video you can put it on you tube or Vimeo and copy an paste here.

A couple links to Pretty Birds channel. She honks lot in gis video but that is out of character. If your trying to judge her overall PLEASE WATCH MORE THEN 1 VIDEO for a more accurate representation of her personality. Thank you for being willing to share advice and opinion! Hope you enjoy our videos (we are beginners lol)

Back
Top Bottom