Conflicting info: At what age do geese lay eggs?

I hatched an egg from EBAY because my female was killed by a opossum, which left my male all alone. Out of four eggs, 1 was hatched, luckily it was a female. She will be 3 months Thursday....I found an egg today in the hen house.
Has anyone experienced this??

I really haven't noticed anything yet. I feel like trying to hatch the egg!
He is 3 yrs old and was very depressed after his mate was killed, I almost lost him too.
I know he has been very good with her as far as showing her things and she follows him everywhere.
He has made a huge turn around.

He is 3 yrs old and was very depressed after his mate was killed, I almost lost him too.
I know he has been very good with her as far as showing her things and she follows him everywhere.
Oh yes, they mourn. Geese are a true flock bird. I have an Embden quad, and my Big fella really ignores the other 2 hens for the most part. "His" hen.. does not let her out of his sight.
So glad to hear he is improving quickly, I am convinced you saved him.

My Buff goose was 4 months old when my Embden gander 7yrs was mating with her and she was receptive. No egg though till she was 9 months old. Are you absolutely sure on her age. That maybe a first.
So happy he has made a turn around they are so devoted to their mates.

Hello folks..............I have tuffed Toulouse, they were born June 20th of 2015....they were bought as a pair and the girl has laid 4 eggs in the past 2 weeks..( Jan 2016 ) ..the first egg had 2 yokes.....so we have decided to see if they are fertile ( since we see them breed) and placed them in the incubator....has anyone had any luck with baby goslings from a young mom? I heard they are not fertile the first season, but thought I would at least see for myself.....anyone else ever hatch baby goslings from 8 month old Mama Goose?

Hello folks..............I have tuffed Toulouse, they were born June 20th of 2015....they were bought as a pair and the girl has laid 4 eggs in the past 2 weeks..( Jan 2016 ) ..the first egg had 2 yokes.....so we have decided to see if they are fertile ( since we see them breed) and placed them in the incubator....has anyone had any luck with baby goslings from a young mom? I heard they are not fertile the first season, but thought I would at least see for myself.....anyone else ever hatch baby goslings from 8 month old  Mama Goose?

It's possible yes. They just usually aren't as successful as two year old+ geese.

My African female was 3 mos old when she started laying...very broody. None of her 15 eggs were fertile. Question is if my gander is fertile!

Back
Top Bottom