Conflicting information on SqFt for Duck House

Thank you everyone for the extra tips. I am working on a 80+ sq.foot house. It will be large enough for growth and made to be easily added onto if we have a duck baby boom.
Once it's finished I plan on submitting it on the coop pages. Sure it's not technically a coop but it could work as one.

Sorry for any typos, posting from my phone.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the extra tips. I am working on a 80+ sq.foot house. It will be large enough for growth and made to be easily added onto if we have a duck baby boom.
Once it's finished I plan on submitting it on the coop pages. Sure it's not technically a coop but it could work as one.

Sorry for any typos, posting from my phone.

sounds great look forward to seeing your progress.

You can go smaller on the duck house if they have access to the outdoors. My experience is that ducks do not want to be inside and will only go in there when they have to. I can walk outside at 2am and I'll see them out there in the run.

If you do go small, or even if you don't - I'd consider building an attached run that is secure 24/7. At my house that means a small run covered with hardware-cloth on all sides, roof, and with a buried skirt. The advantage to this is that they can choose to be inside or outside at any time. And less duck house cleanup for me.
The run is small since I leave the door to the yard open during the day so they can free range.

Back
Top Bottom