conflicting readouts

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
Ok so my digital humidity module is registering about 50.3 to 53.7 RH. It is set on 40. It ran all night and its at 53.2. I went to the petshop, bought a cheap hygro. and it is saying 43. It is on the tray where my eggs will go, the sensor for the digital unit is on the lid. The digital unit releases water when needed but not sure why its set on 40 and the humidity is still way off. When it drops below 50, the pump turns on. Its a Brinsea so I hoped it would have been more accurate. At least my temp is stable. Which one should I believe? By the way, no eggs in it yet.

how humid is your house?,, the unit will make sure your humidity doesnt drop under 40,, but wont bring it down if the humidity is too high. i think,, IMO
im sorry i have NO experience with that bator, but i would go with THAT reading before a cheapo thats laying basically on the water.

1much. no water in the incubator itself. It has a humidity sensor at the top and tells the module to adjust the humidity accordingly. The water is in a gallon bottle next to the module. A line runs from the module and the water into the incubator itself onto a little evaporating pad. The sensor is near that pad. The unit is set on 40 but both the cheapy and digital readout on the humidity module itself are both reading close to each other. I guess the its the actual dial you set thats the problem. Its running 10 percent higher than I have it set. Humidity is pretty low in the house.

i would play with the dial then,,,, take out the pad, take the water away, and see if they go down. then start with the lowest # you can and work your way up till it gets where you want it,,, and ignore your dial. i would take the cheapy 1 and just set it out and see what your room humidity is.
if your room humidity is higher then 40,, then its gonna be hard to get "in the bator" lower.

yups,, sounds like a bad dial,,, i would go with the readout,, not the dial,, i'd even go and scratch out the #'s on it hehee
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom