Confused about Tylan and Turkey dosages...........Update...w/pics

I've never read that Tylan 50 shouldn't be injected in a muscle. That's exactly where I do inject it the rare times I've used it.
I was only told not to inject into muscle on small birds. Ive just done it that way ever since, Well that and the only birds i really ever have to treat are the goofy bantys. they always getting the sniffles... then they get better and stay out in the rain again. I had 2 turkey hens sneezing about a month ago. was due to treat with duramycin anyways and 2 days later they were fine. Guessing something environmental messed with em

I wanted to update so anyone watching this thread would know how this round of treatments went.I did 4 days of Tylan 50 injectable (2.5 ml per bird) for the 7 turkeys that had the worst sinus infection symtoms.I then put them all on water with powdered Tylan (1 tsp per gallon)for 14 days.I moved them to a drier pen that I insulated with cardboard added a light and lots of dry hay.They were in a larger pen covered with tarps on top and 2 sides.We had some pretty rough storms that took down both sides and damaged the top.I replaced the top and sides but because it got so wet I couldn't get it dry for them.They were not getting rained on from above but rain was running in where the sides got damaged.They are so much better now.I have heard a couple sneezes but no more swelling or runny noses.The toms are strutting around and gobbling again.They are even trying to mate the hens and I've never got eggs in the fall but I may this year.I was so upset when this all started.My birds were so sick and nasty and muddy and it was so hard trying to treat them by myself.I just wanted to give up and not have to deal with such a mess.I thought I was wasting my time and they would just die anyway.I've never had any sick turkeys so I just figured they didn't have a chance.I am so glad I came here and researched what to do to help them.It feels so good to have my birds back to normal and acting like happy healthly birds again.I had to share so if anyone else has to go though this they will know it will be OK.I put in alot of hours of hard work plus the money I spent for supplies but it was well worth it.I want to thank everyone thats posts here,you never know how much you gonna help when you share your own stories.Thanks,everyone!

Great to hear! It has got to be this dang up and down weather tripping this all off. my girls are all startin to sneeze n crap. Blah. Not playin this treat one then another crap this time. grabbing me a big ol bottle of tylan 200 and dosing everyone for 7 days. Read some updates on tylan saying 5-7 days instead of 4. So that's what I'll try. I'm also cutting down alot more brush around the coop and run so the ground will dry up some.

Also Ill be trying a recommendation for giving 1/2 the dose sub-cue and 1/2 IM.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom