Confused about Wazine 17.

It seems it’s getting harder and harder to deworm our chickens. I believe I’m having mites issues, too. Geez.

The list of approved drugs for laying hens gets shorter all the time, and it's annoying.
At least we have fenbendazole, permethrin, pyrethrin, and spinosad. And they are all very effective!
It's all about 'safe and clean' foods, remember?
I do try to avoid the other stuff, but Ivermectin is so very easy to use...
Mary

Wazine has been discontinued? Are you sure? That seems like it would be a really odd move for the manufacturer since it is a product widely used both "on label" as well as "off label".

EDIT: Apparently it is true.......

Guess I can feel better about suggesting my favorite wormer.

Wormer Deluxe Powder
10% Oxfendazole
10% Praziquantel
Dosage: 1 Teaspoon (5 grams) per gallon of water for 2 consecutive days. Repeat treatment in 21 days. Change water daily.

Use with your own egg withdrawal timeline based on how comfortable you are with those active ingredients. But rest assured those are used in humans to treat worms as well. Haha. So it is more about if you or someone you provide eggs is allergic to Oxfendazole or Praziquantel.
Where can I buy those items and how do you measure 10%?

What kind of worms do you want to treat and how many birds do you have?
I have seven large, three medium, 9 bantams & 8 chicks. I've had a problem with diarrhea & I've used Corid, Wazine Safeguard, BMD Soluble, tetracycline, tylosin on one bantam who died. Recently lost total of 3 chickens, one with fatty liver, one with oviduct problems from soft shell eggs. Vet said poop samples from living chicken (or one of the necropsies) came back with roundworms. One had gallibacterium in the lungs. Vet said start with Wazine & after that use tetracyline. I've used wazine often & ate eggs after two weeks. Now I'm confused. I've had several hens laying soft shell eggs (some with no yolk).

What kind of worms do you want to treat and how many birds do you have?
I don't know where my reply went. I have 7 large hens, 3 medium, 9 bantams & 8 chicks. Vet said lab report showed roundworms but I had had other issues. I lost three recently to different things alrho two of those had soft shell eggs (one pushed her insides out). I am having a problem will soft shell eggs and diarrhea but don't know if that is related. Over the last year I've used Corid, Safeguard, Wazine 17, BMD Soluble & tetracycline. Not vet wants me to give Wazine for roundworms & then start them all on tetracycline again.

Back
Top Bottom