Confused about when is lockdown day

laurarose

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 29, 2014
Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK
So this is my first hatch in an incubator and I'm getting confused about when day 18 is.

I started my eggs in the incubator on a Friday 16th Jan at 7pmish and three weeks eill be this Friday, so am I right in thinking that Wednesday is day 18 or is today (Tuesday) day 18?

Help! Haha

So this is my first hatch in an incubator and I'm getting confused about when day 18 is.

I started my eggs in the incubator on a Friday 16th Jan at 7pmish and three weeks eill be this Friday, so am I right in thinking that Wednesday is day 18 or is today (Tuesday) day 18?

Help! Haha

Tuesday should be your lockdown day, so yes today. Friday will be day 21 so Thursday would be 20,Wednesday 19, and today 18.
Wishing you the best of luck and hope you have a great hatch! :thumbsup

i thought you didn't count the day they were put in the incubator because of time needed to warm up and stimulate growth
You don't count the day you set them. You start your count 24 hours after they are set. She sat them Friday the 16th, so Saturday the 17th would start day 1. So Feb 3 (technically at 7pmish) would be day 18 when most people go into lockdown. She sat them late in the evening so wether she does it late tonight or early tomorrow doesn't make much of a difference.

Good luck with the hatch!!

Thank you very much! That makes sense now.
I will put them in lockdown now and try not to worry about them!

Thanks again
smile.png
Let us know how not worrying works, then you can teach us your methods...lol

Help! Haha
I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I set the same day you did, and I am locking down tonight

Back
Top Bottom