Confused Bunny or what??

mangled

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The Wilds of Western PA
Well, today I bought *myself* a bunny. He's a mini rex. Way too cute. He's got this little row of spots down his spine. He's 7 months old.
(pics coming soon, of course)

Anyway, after repeatedly telling my little girl not to put her female down around the new bunny when he's out, the first chance she gets, while I was putting the dog out, she's got her bunny on the floor and she?he? is mounting the new bunny aggressively. Biting, you know.
roll.png

So, this is a female exhibiting dominant behaviour or a young male? I looked to see if I could see boy parts, but there seem to be none. It's awfully fuzzy down there, and well, I don't know much about bunny parts to begin with.

Any bunny folks out there to ease my mind?
Thanks-
Em

No, no. The one who was mounted was DEFINITELY a boy. I can see his, well, bunny boys down there. The one who did the mounting was sold to us as a female, and I really got down there and looked around. And uh, I can't *see* and boy bunny parts, but it's a young bunny, about 3 months.

She/He ran and jumped on the boy, biting the back of the other bunny's neck and well, doing the thing, it looked like.

It's hard to discuss such things delicately on a family read forum, LOL. Hope I'm getting my point across clearly.

Thanks-
Em

Our female (desexed) chihuahua mounts our mail (also desexed) cat. I guess it takes all kinds t make the world go around....and that would include female rabbits.
tongue.png

* Well, then -- guess "she's" just trying to show him who's boss early!!!!
wink.png
If it turns out they're both males they'll fight all the time. Put em in a good sized backyard and it looks like bunny jousting. . . Charging at each other from opposite ends of the yard. . .
tongue.png

I would say that your girl bunny was putting the new bunny in his place - and letting him know that she is boss !! my dogs are like I have 3 female boxers and they mount each other all the time - one even mounts my male boxer -

after a few short play sessions with each other - they will get along it just takes them awhile.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom