Confused on What Breed my Lucy Girl Is!!

Gerardi

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Paintsville,Ky
Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help a newcomer out. I have one hen that is truly the best chicken. She loves to be held and walked around with she doesnt care! She loves for you to just walk up and scoop her up and put her under your arm. The only problem is im not totally sure what breed she is. Please look and tell me what you think. I was leaning toward a New Hampshire Red.

60674_chickens_2_017.jpg

To me, she looks like a cross between an Orpington and an Easter Egger. She has the same comb as an Orpington pullet, but her markings remind me of my EE pullet.

Orpington's are notoriously friendly. Mind runs full speed to greet me whenever I come into the yard.
smile.png

Where did you get her? That might help you narrow it down a bit.

I'd say it's a Production Red or some other of NH/RIR cross. It would be hard to say the exact mix. I would expect as much black in the tail of an Orp. mix though. I would of course defer to a Orp. expert though, as I've not had any.

Thanks! I know i was reading that New Hampshire Reds are great egg layers. If she is a NHR. I have a roo that would go with her. Ill get a pic of him later on today!

Back
Top Bottom