Confused

Okay that's what I thought there wouldn't be enough room for the embryo to develop in the smaller I will wait until she starts laying the larger eggs thank you for your information and have a wonderful day

One more question how long can I keep the eggs off to the side before I put them in my incubator she laid a Whopper of an egg this morning if she Lays 1 a day for the next week will they still be ok to put in the incubator

One more question how long can I keep the eggs off to the side before I put them in my incubator she laid a Whopper of an egg this morning if she Lays 1 a day for the next week will they still be ok to put in the incubator

It's safe to keep them for a week. I've heard some people say ten days but the fertility starts dropping after a week. While storing them to go in the incubator, keep them in a cool place (I use the basement.) and turn them two or three times a day.

Oh and can you incubate duck eggs and chicken eggs at the same time my rooster started fertilizing my hens eggs

You can. Both duck and chicken eggs take the same humidity and temperature. Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch while duck eggs require 28 so to make it easier on yourself, put the duck eggs in the incubator a week ahead of the chicken eggs. That way they will both hatch at the same time which is easier than trying for two lockdowns and having to turn some eggs but not the others.

Now for some reason my female duck share is laying her eggs in the pool the shells are really really soft she even laid an egg in the garage the other day while I was in there working on a birdhouse these eggs are larger in size and would be perfect for incubation. Any reason why she is doing this

I find a real itty bitty tiny a in the coop in the a.m. and then like I said I find a larger egg in the pool later that evening when I go to dump it why is she doing this?

These are the eggs I am finding in the coop in the a.m. they are just big enough for maybe the yolk only I don't understand why she is laying such small eggs and then larger ones with soft shells in the pool. I am dumbfounded. Is this normal behavior for a young Peking Duck

5/7 days I have incubator now are growing great one of the two that aren't growing I put in later than the rest of them so maybe it just hasn't started to grow yet I'm going to give it a couple more days before I toss it.

Back
Top Bottom