Confusing “Hen”?

A woman was giving away her Black Silkie “Hen” for free. So I drove and got her. This was about a month and a half ago give or take. The lady was very nice and said that the silkie was left her by her roommate and her roommate said it was a roo. She said the silkie was a year old, and she thought it was a roo until it “laid an egg” right in front of her. I don’t know if I 100% trust this lady. Because recently, in the past week, “Ebony” is acting likes little roo. I’ve only gotten 2 eggs from the silkie coop (which has 3 pullets and Ebony) and I suspect the eggs were from Gravy, a now 31 week old silkie. I haven’t gotten an egg since the 28th of October. Also, Ebony does the “rooster dance” at me. I haven’t see any mating, and I don’t think there are any streamers, especially since the lady said she was a little over a year.
I’m guessing she’s a hen and is just trying to take over the rooster role, but I want to make sure.

View attachment 2898877View attachment 2898887View attachment 2898889
He or she is cute, I had a silkie and he was nothing but a little ratty mess! 🤣

It almost looks like a rooster, that’s my gut feeling, but it could be a hen except my rooster looked exactly like that.

Back
Top Bottom