Conjunctivitis?

veronicasmom, along the lines of light sensitivity, might some extra vitamins help? I read that vitamin A and carotenoids help with light sensitivity in people. Just thinkin' out loud.

I haven't a vet close by that will treat a duck. So I have to have things on hand that will, that's why I like Veterycin it is so safe that I even use it on myself. If I cut myself out in the duck/chicken houses I will grab the Veterycin spray and spray right then. To me it's worth the 30.00 for a bottle I know it works. So maybe get some and have on hand even after vet visit today I use it on my dogs too. Here is link for it. http://vetericyn.com/

I haven't a vet close by that will treat a duck. So I have to have things on hand that will, that's why I like Veterycin it is so safe that I even use it on myself. If I cut myself out in the duck/chicken houses I will grab the Veterycin spray and spray right then. To me it's worth the 30.00 for a bottle I know it works. So maybe get some and have on hand even after vet visit today I use it on my dogs too. Here is link for it. http://vetericyn.com/
I am lucky to have an avian vet nearby. If I didn't, then I'd have to do what you do. I wish I had a bit more confidence in myself because today won't be cheap.
I really do have to get some. I can use it pretty much on all the critters. Thanks.

So he thinks it is possibly something in the sinus cavity that is causing an irritation and a resulting infection. She did have a teeny tiny bit of discharge from her left nare, but until I had her in my hands, I could not see it. He thinks that the antibiotics that we are putting her on will clear the infection, but unless he goes in physically or does an MRI, or CT scan, there is no way to see if there is actually something in there. And it would require surgery to open her up to look. He thinks she is not really in a lot of pain since she is acting normally, he feels it is more annoying to her than painful. He also feels it will probably be an ongoing problem.
I am thinking I want her on an homeopathic remedy rather than to keep giving her antibiotics, so I will consult with my homeopath, who treats me and my pets to see if we can get a bit further with this.

Thanks so much for this. Please keep us posted.
hugs.gif

I will! Poor little thing.....................she is such a sweet duck. I am amazed at how calm she is. She just stood on the table and let the vet examine her. They all think she is really wonderful (so do I for that matter!!)

Back
Top Bottom