Goldenseal/Echinacea drops for the eyes

KeeleyDucks

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2023
Hello, we have a duck with one foamy eye and are trying to take care of it naturally before resorting to a vet as our local vet has no experience with ducks. I live in New Zealand and I am trying to get ahold of Goldenseal drops however the only pure ones I can find are shipped from the US and will take 2 weeks to arrive. The only ones they have in New Zealand is a mix of Goldenseal and Echinacea. I am wondering if anyone has used this before and will it still work the same and is it safe to use. Attaching photo for reference. We are doing saline rinses, adding ACV to her drinking water also she is not showing any signs of respiratory illness. There is no change in her behavior only the one eye she has been keeping shut. They have several water sources including ponds, all are deep enough to fully submerge her head and are kept clean. Funny enough any water I put out big or small they love to play in, hence the small bowl of water I just can't take away because they love to stop and drink from it.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 15
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 0
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
i have a duck who had an eye injury years ago now she’s blind in one eye, but through that time and even up to today I still give her eyedrops. I have used colloidal silver sometimes. Have also squeezed drops from wet teabags into her eyes, I have used saline rinses, the best medicine by far for eye infections is Terramycin antibiotic ointment but I don’t know if you can get it over there. but I buy it at Tractor Supply. or i can get it online from Amazon.

i have a duck who had an eye injury years ago now she’s blind in one eye, but through that time and even up to today I still give her eyedrops. I have used colloidal silver sometimes. Have also squeezed drops from wet teabags into her eyes, I have used saline rinses, the best medicine by far for eye infections is Terramycin antibiotic ointment but I don’t know if you can get it over there. but I buy it at Tractor Supply. or i can get it online from Amazon.
I have looked for Terramycin online here but couldn't find it either. I was going to try the tea bag drops today as well.

Back
Top Bottom