Connecticut!

Hi everyone. Haven't been around in awhile and just figured I would stop in and say hi. We are figuring on getting a few more chicks this year since they are just so fun. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey, Coventry here. I was wondering If anyone had any of the breeds below. I am trying to add a few to my flock and to get more eggs! I'm a first time hatcher and do not care about true breed or show quality. All that matters to me is that they lay the color eggs they do. THANKS. Chances are I'll lose this post so if i dont respond can someone shoot me a quick Pm. :).

Leghorn
Silkie
Polish
Gold laced Wyandotte
Olive Egger
Welsummer

with that many differant kinds an you just want eggs you are better off buying chicks from a hatchery.that way you can get all pullets too.most people local will only breed one or two diff kinds of birds.we live in mansfield but we just breed orpingtons in any color turkeys an peacocks.good luck in you serch you could try egg bid 2

Hey, Coventry here. I was wondering If anyone had any of the breeds below. I am trying to add a few to my flock and to get more eggs! I'm a first time hatcher and do not care about true breed or show quality. All that matters to me is that they lay the color eggs they do. THANKS. Chances are I'll lose this post so if i dont respond can someone shoot me a quick Pm. :).

Leghorn
Silkie
Polish
Gold laced Wyandotte
Olive Egger
Welsummer

if you want to hatch alot of differant kinds of birds look up beth g on here she i know she has silkies,cochins,orpingtons,french marans,aruacanas an more that i cant think of lol.she raises all npip tested birds.she raises great birds an is like 1:15 mins from you in ct
Thanks, I was thinking about that. I want to have the hatching experience, I will considear your advise thanks.

Hello,
Spring is in the air ... or at least in my head. Even if there is a bitterly cold breeze today.
With thoughts of spring, come gardening plans... and my question is, how long will I need to keep my 5 girls out of my perennial borders? Once the girls were big enough (July) last summer they had full access to the yard, but the plants were large enough to survive the worst of their attentions. Anyone have experience with free ranging chickens and having successful gardens at the same time?
THe veggie garden I'm planning will be fenced off - and the chickens will temporarily be contained with fencing too - just trying to figure how long they'll need to be in lockdown ;(
-Jen

Back
Top Bottom