Connecticut!

Pics

Foghorn

Crowing
16 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Connecticut
I know at least one other chickenbuddy from Connectiut is here.
wink.png
Right Jen?

-Eric

I GOT MY FIRST EGG!!!
wee.gif
I went in the coop this morning and there it was! It was probably laid yesterday but I don't care!
big_smile.png
I got an EGG!!!!!
yesss.gif
I went out to the coop when I came home this evening and there weren't any more but from now on I'm gonna be like a bloodhound on the hunt for eggs!

HAHAHAHA I am soooooooooo friggin excited I was doing my own little egg song and dance this morning. My husband was laughing at me because I was so excited. Now I have 1 egg in my egg carton. LOL

Last edited:
Hi, all, I'm also in Fairfield County.

I'm looking for a few chicks to give to my friend who has really gotten into raising chickens recently. My friend has started getting some of the fancier chicks from Tractor Supply and raising them, but I know she gets very attached and I worry about the lifespan of birds from a large production operation.

I'd like to get her a few Araucanas, or maybe Ameraucanas or Barred Rock chicks as a gift in about 6 weeks. I'm looking for birds with more genetic diversity than I might be able to find elsewhere, and I figured this is the place to ask! Are there other long-lived and "rare" breeds I should be considering?

I don't care if I have to drive across the state to pick the chicks up, or even into NY state (although with the current pandemic going on I'd prefer not to).

Does anyone know about Burr Farm in Brooklyn, or the Henson Menagerie in Bolton? Is there a better place to get chicks around these parts?

Thanks!
I know of someone who breeds bantams near me, but I'm not sure where they are online. Generally ordering from hatcheries is a good source of chicks. Do you know that this friend has enough space for more chickens, or the time to take care of them? I will warn against using Clark Farm for chicks, as it is poorly run and they often make breed or sexing mistakes, and don't take very good care of their animals.

Back
Top Bottom