Connecticut!

I have been considering guineas, but managing them . . . I don't know if this is the place for them. We have runners. And the ticks I have had have shown up after I have been elsewhere… There are ticks here, though - this is Connecticut!
I'm on 7 acres about 1/4 mi off the road. Looking forward to their tick riding abilities developing.

Boy or girl? Silkie x. I'm leaning towards boy but hoping I'm wrong.

Hey everyone. Does anyone have a peahen they are willing to part with? My friend has a rescued peacock that has reached sexual maturity and is starting to take a bit too much interest in the chickens. We need to get him a girl friend.
wink.png

I have for sale a pair of lovely Dutch Hookbills from Holderread if anyone is interested. They are a very rare breed of duck from Holland that lay a green egg.

I wish I had peafowl just wandering around my yard. But then it'd have to be a nice big estate to isolate the screaming......

Maybe the rescue can go wander the estate at Westbury Gardens in NY.......first place I ever saw peas and they looked so appropriate in that grand setting.

Hope someone has a girl for him. Poor guy.

So my chickens were attacked by something 2 days ago. One of my ameraucanas is missing. I haven't seen any of her feathers around but my australorp had plenty of feathers on the ground. Thankfully she is ok but I do miss my little "Honey". My neighbor down the street is also missing a young RIR hen. I am very worried about the rest of our hens because someone mentioned that someone was stealing chickens. I hope it isn't true.

We bought 2 game cameras when we got chickens so we could see what came poking around. Cabelas has some pretty inexpensive options as well as fancy ones. We've seen a lot of wildlife and also use them to keep an eye on the driveway etc when we're gone. Might be helpful to figure out what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom