Connecticut!

Hi all,
Does anyone have any hatching eggs in NW CT they'd be willing to trade or sell?

I have an Easter Egger roo and red sex link and easter Egger hens.

I'm looking to add some variety to my flock in the spring.

I'd be willing to incubate the eggs and give the chicks back to you in trade for the eggs too.

I have a 7 egg incubator so I'm not talking about large amounts of chicks at a time.

Thanks for any replies or ideas of where i could get eggs.

Hi all,
Does anyone have any hatching eggs in NW CT they'd be willing to trade or sell?

I have an Easter Egger roo and red sex link and easter Egger hens.

I'm looking to add some variety to my flock in the spring.

I'd be willing to incubate the eggs and give the chicks back to you in trade for the eggs too.

I have a 7 egg incubator so I'm not talking about large amounts of chicks at a time.

Thanks for any replies or ideas of where i could get eggs.

try craiglist there are a bunch there. would you be interested in duck hatching eggs? trying to find a drake to breed with my hens and if you can help me find one I would give you some of their eggs or even order some for you.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
I'm a first time chicken keeper and I have 20 little chicks! I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I need to give my chicks eggshells for calcium or if they don't need calcium yet. They are just about 6 days old

Hello everyone!
I'm a first time chicken keeper and I have 20 little chicks! I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I need to give my chicks eggshells for calcium or if they don't need calcium yet. They are just about 6 days old

The calcium will kill them, nothing other than medicated chick feed until they are much older .. Around 4 months you can switch to chick grower. Then when they start laying layer feed which had calcuim in it

try craiglist there are a bunch there. would you be interested in duck hatching eggs? trying to find a drake to breed with my hens and if you can help me find one I would give you some of their eggs or even order some for you.

We currently don't have ducks. I've considered trying them as we have a nice little pond but letting them free range, especially where the pond is located on our property would make them lunch for the local fox that prowls the area. Thanks for the offer though.

I'll see what I can find on Craigslist. Thanks

Hello everyone!

Go to tractor supply and find this. Feed them the chick starter and fresh water. You only add calcium until they begin to lay eggs at about 20 weeks.

I am located in NW CT Too! Where in NW CT are you? Unfortunately, I have an Easter Egger Rooster so any eggs that you would get from me would hatch out more EEs. I will put a picture of the rooster just in case you like him. Ramblin Rooster, I also have two drakes but they are call ducks so i don't think that they would breed with your pekins.

The EE Rooster!

The Ducks. And Yes, they are in a temporary enclosure. This is not permanent.

I am located in NW CT Too! Where in NW CT are you? Unfortunately, I have an Easter Egger Rooster so any eggs that you would get from me would hatch out more EEs. I will put a picture of the rooster just in case you like him. Ramblin Rooster, I also have two drakes but they are call ducks so i don't think that they would breed with your pekins. The EE Rooster! The Ducks. And Yes, they are in a temporary enclosure. This is not permanent.
My bad we are more Southwestern CT I misread something, are in Fairfield! Willing to travel for the righ birds though! What about you? I might be interested in a call duck pair if you have any! What birds do you raise? Love knowing there is someone raising poultry somewhat nearby!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom