Connecticut!

Hi Chillin,
I am in Colebrook and would love some blue/black chicks (ameraucana?)
I come to Norwalk often and have no problem traveling to get a couple
Lets talk when they become available.

Goats!

I know this isn't exactly a goat place, but I figured folks with chickens might know folks with goats-

I have a friend in West Cornwall who is looking to rent/borrow some goats to graze on their overgrown land.

Anyone know of anyone offering this service?

Thanks!

Hi Sejeroo -- There is a large goat farm in Lebanon, Beltane Farm. They have a website and a Facebook page. I don't know if Paul does "rent-a-goat," but if not, he's the most connected goat person I can think of. He might know someone else, or closer to where your friend is. (I'm not sure where West Cornwall is.) Good luck!

Hi all!

We are in East Hampton and have a broody hen (a buff orpington) free to a good coop. Send me a private message and we can set something up. Thanks!

Hi All Connecticut friends! I've just heard, & thought I should alert you guys, that Avian Flu (H5N1) is coming our way and possibly soon. It's been predicted the flu will hit around September when the weather gets cooler.

Helpful Facts!
H5N1 spreads quick from wild birds to your flock of chickens, ducks, geese etc. It's also been shown to infect pigs, tigers, and people.

To keep you flock safe, Id suggest keeping them in their coop to prevent any contact with wild birds. Since I have a small flock, Ive moved their coop inside & blocked off a large area for them to walk around, perch, and countinue as they would.

the price of eggs will go up! have the state vet certify your chickens as healthy (to guarentee customers, but not required) and start saving up those eggs to sell!

This was just a quick psa and tips from me. Ill try & keep up to date with the virus but feel free to add tips & update as well! :) best of luck!!

Back
Top Bottom