Connerhills Violete male

Quote:
did that handsome bird spend all morning preening with a curling iron and mousse when he heard you were doing a photo shoot?

yuckyuck.gif
I thought the same thing when i saw them curls, mabe only his hairdresser knows
lau.gif
er feather dresser
lau.gif

Last edited:
yuckyuck.gif
I thought the same thing when i saw them curls, mabe only his hairdresser knows
lau.gif
er feather dresser
lau.gif

DW thinks that is a fake bird with boas, one that your SO could keep in the bedroom and not get stunk out.

Yeah, but I want it
love.gif
I will even go down to Home Depot and buy it a pedestal.

And if I had the frizzle-tail violete, it could be a house pea with pedestals and a litter box... If it wanted my bedroom, I'd sleep in the bird house with the pedestrian peas
lau.gif

RE: the Violete curly train... This is the second full train he has had and last years was not like this.. This is the first time I have seen one like this and none of my other males had a train like this one.. I do not know if it was from the conditions of its environment or of the breeding. It may be a one time fluke . I will have to wait until next years molt to see, I hope it stays in as a gene but may not. This is a Black Shoulder pattern and the one photo from Brad is a normal wild pattern. I think that this bird was bred at Legg's a few years ago. connerhills

RE: the Violete curly train... This is the second full train he has had and last years was not like this.. This is the first time I have seen one like this and none of my other males had a train like this one.. I do not know if it was from the conditions of its environment or of the breeding. It may be a one time fluke . I will have to wait until next years molt to see, I hope it stays in as a gene but may not. This is a Black Shoulder pattern and the one photo from Brad is a normal wild pattern. I think that this bird was bred at Legg's a few years ago. connerhills

Thanks @connerhills , I hope it is a gene too -- that would be an incredibly nifty development in pea breeding... I don't suppose you happened to give him a bunch of Safeguard when he was growing feathers did you? We just recently had a long discussion about Safeguard in a separate thread, since it carries a warning that it can cause frizzled feathers. But I would love
love.gif
for this to be a new feather mutation. And not sure that anyone ever actually got frizzled feathers on a pea from Safeguard, warnings not withstanding. ETA... I don't think frizzled feathers from Safeguard would be as evenly distributed as the curls in his tails are, seems like that would be more random looking.

Here's hoping some of his chicks come out curly
fl.gif

He is totally gorgeous
clap.gif

Last edited:
I use horse paste Safeguard so I never have seen that.

Well, the actual medicine in the horse paste is the same as in the liquid wormer... so I doubt it would matter what form it went into the bird's mouth. But apparently it's a very rare thing to have happen, and the wormer is extremely safe. It's just interesting that the labels mention the possibility of feather damage... I dunno if anyone has ever seen it happen, and even if it did, I don't think it would be permanent. There's a whole big long thread where we talked about this a month ago... I think one person from Australia mentioned having had frizzled feathers once in awhile, but I was never clear if she meant on her peas or on her chickens, and I think that's the only person who said anything about it ever actually happening to them.

For all of the people that had asked abut the UPA raffle bird.. The Opal WE male is now in connerhills pen # T2 with a silver pied female. The bird was won by Dawn Young and she has let me use him for a while
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
George connerhills

I'm here to say I saw this bird yesterday and boy he's more magnificent than last year!!! His train is still frizzled too!!! I will attempt to get some good photos this coming week for you all....
celebrate.gif
Dawn

Back
Top Bottom