Considered?

Quacks24

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2021
I have a male duck and as of recently within his quacks sometimes my duck quacks loudly normal but the last quack is like he makes like a scream sound and I don’t know if that’s normal or that means something so (quack quack, quack quack, EEEEEee).

I have a male duck and as of recently within his quacks sometimes my duck quacks loudly normal but the last quack is like he makes like a scream sound and I don’t know if that’s normal or that means something so (quack quack, quack quack, EEEEEee).
Video?

:/

Does he do it when a female is around? in the pool? standing up high like he's looking around? facing away from the flock like he's looking at something? Do they free range or have you had any predators stocking around lately?
He tends to be alone or only likes to be with me or around me and when he’s with others he prefers me than being with other ducks but when I start talking to people that’s the only time he does it he begins quacking then stand up right then his head goes up when he does the screech then followed with like a deep burp sound

He tends to be alone or only likes to be with me or around me and when he’s with others he prefers me than being with other ducks but when I start talking to people that’s the only time he does it he begins quacking then stand up right then his head goes up when he does the screech then followed with like a deep burp sound
It sounds like he's trying to get your attention. Drakes will often stand up taller and get louder when they're trying to get the attention of a female.

Does he do it when a female is around? in the pool? standing up high like he's looking around? facing away from the flock like he's looking at something? Do they free range or have you had any predators stocking around lately?
He tends to be alone or only likes to be with me or around me and when he’s with others he prefers me than being with other ducks but when I start talking to people that’s the only time he does it he begins quacking then stand up right faces forward then his head goes up when he does the screech then followed with like a deep burp sound, As for any predators I do get the occasional hawk that roams around my area but other than that nothing

Back
Top Bottom