1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Considering Button Quail - Advice?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by JasperMosby, Nov 29, 2014.

1. JasperMosby

JasperMosby Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2014
    Kingsley, MI
    Hi, I've been researching button quail quite a bit and I'm very interested in them. I'd like to keep them indoors, in my room in fact.
    Can any button owners give me advice on what to expect or anything I should know?
    Through selling chicks and eggs do button quail pay for themselves after a bit?

2. GrandmaBird

GrandmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Colorado
    here is a good site to check out and her book is great as well.
    www.brackenridgeranch.com
    Her name is Jodi McDonald and she has spent years raising and doing research before that on these neat little birds. Please do try to keep them in single pairs even if you are trying to make money they will be easier to keep track of which pair is having which chicks, for color and temperament as well. and do be careful with the diet. good luck and if you have specific questions we are here to help. I also am a monitor on a face book group, button quail, you can join us on there.

3. JasperMosby

JasperMosby Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2014
    Kingsley, MI
    I planned on having just a pair or two, kept separately. Thank you for the help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by